The Approaching Stanford Newsletter is sent to all incoming undergraduate first-year students each week, beginning May 11. The newsletter, delivered only to your Stanford email account, provides campus information, critical updates, and necessary action items leading up to New Student Orientation. To ensure you don't miss a newsletter, use your SUNet ID to log into your Stanford email account at webmail.stanford.edu.
Below is an archive of all newsletters sent by Approaching Stanford after your matriculation as a first-year student. New transfer students will matriculate in June, at which point they will also be included in these weekly emails, unless otherwise noted.
- May 11, 2022 - Welcome, Class of 2026!
- May 16, 2022 - Required Forms and Special Frosh Programs (ITALIC, SLE, LSP, SSEA, SOAR)
- May 23, 2022 - First-Year Housing, Ethnic & Academic Theme Housing Info Sessions
- May 31, 2022 - Theme Housing Info Sessions, Academic Planning, Language Placement Tests
- June 6, 2022 - Approaching Stanford Forms & Housing Application Due June 8, Pre-Orientation Programs
- June 8, 2022 - Forms & Housing Application Deadline Extended to Monday, June 13, 8am PDT
- June 13, 2022 - 2022 Commencement, Forms Confirmation, Upcoming Dates
Parent / Guardian Summer Newsletters
Throughout the summer, the Approaching Stanford team will send the Approaching Stanford Newsletter for Parents/Guardians to those listed in your Approaching Stanford Forms. To add your parent/guardian to the mailing list after the Approaching Stanford Forms deadline (June 8), please send an email request with your parent/guardian's name and contact information to email@example.com. Note that this request must come from you, the student, not your parent/guardian.
Once the academic year begins, these parents/guardians will begin receiving the quarterly Stanford Parent and Guardian Newsletter. To add your parent/guardian to the mailing list after the academic year begins, please send an email request with your parent/guardian's name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, this request must come from you, the student, not your parent/guardian.