The Approaching Stanford Newsletter is sent to all incoming undergraduate first-year students each week, beginning May 11. The newsletter, delivered only to your Stanford email account, provides campus information, critical updates, and necessary action items leading up to New Student Orientation. To ensure you don't miss a newsletter, use your SUNet ID to log into your Stanford email account at webmail.stanford.edu.
Below is an archive of all newsletters sent by Approaching Stanford after your matriculation as a first-year student. New transfer students will matriculate in June, at which point they will also be included in these weekly emails, unless otherwise noted.
- May 11, 2022 - Welcome, Class of 2026!
- May 16, 2022 - Required Forms and Special Frosh Programs (ITALIC, SLE, LSP, SSEA, SOAR)
- May 23, 2022 - First-Year Housing, Ethnic & Academic Theme Housing Info Sessions
- May 31, 2022 - Theme Housing Info Sessions, Academic Planning, Language Placement Tests
- June 6, 2022 - Approaching Stanford Forms & Housing Application Due June 8, Pre-Orientation Programs
- June 8, 2022 - Forms & Housing Application Deadline Extended to Monday, June 13, 8am PDT
- June 13, 2022 - 2022 Commencement, Forms Confirmation, Upcoming Dates
- June 20, 2022 - OCs are back! Vaden Health Requirements and Advising Corner Introduction
- June 24, 2022 - Academic Advising Newsletter #1 - Your Liberal Education
- June 27, 2022 - The OC Zone, Frosh Parent/Guardian Email
- July 5, 2022 - Introducing the 2022 Three Books Program
- July 11, 2022 - Orientation Coordinator Updates: Zoom Meet-Ups & Outreach!
- July 15, 2022 - Academic Advising Newsletter #2 - Summer Advising Presentation: Exploring Your Stanford Courses
- July 18, 2022 - Vaden Health Reqs Due August 1 & Introducing New Student Thursdays
- July 25, 2022 - New Student Webinar with the OCs on Academic Life, Ordering Bedding & Bikes, Stanford Health Alerts
- August 1, 2022 - Campus Communities, "Ask an Academic Advisor" Q&A Board
- August 8, 2022 - Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education: COLLEGE, ESF, ITALIC, SLE, PWR, IntroSems, Frosh 101, and Ways
- August 15, 2022 - 22-23 ExploreCourses, Frosh Advisor Emails, Final OC Blog Posts!
- August 22, 2022 - University Core Values and Required Online Modules Due Sep 15
- September 2, 2022 - Move-In, Arrival Survey, and Life on The Farm
- September 11, 2022 - Move-In Instructions, Maps, and NSO Parking Pass
- September 18, 2022 - Welcome from the ASSU, Move-In Reminders, and 2022 NSO Schedule! You've approached Stanford - see you soon!
Parent / Guardian Summer Newsletters
Throughout the summer, the Approaching Stanford team will send the Approaching Stanford Newsletter for Parents/Guardians to those listed in your Approaching Stanford Forms. To add your parent/guardian to the mailing list after the Approaching Stanford Forms deadline (June 8), please send an email request with your parent/guardian's name and contact information to email@example.com. Note that this request must come from you, the student, not your parent/guardian.
Once the academic year begins, these parents/guardians will begin receiving the quarterly Stanford Parent and Guardian Newsletter. To add your parent/guardian to the mailing list after the academic year begins, please send an email request with your parent/guardian's name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Again, this request must come from you, the student, not your parent/guardian.